Banana varieties? Many, there are over 100 varieties just in Thailand, what we can see in the Canadian market, the most popular one is the “Thailand banana”, like that:
Kluai Nam waa banana: the more sticky，more inclusions, chewier, sweeter banana
Raw Thailand Bananaripen Thailand banana
after ripen, more sticky and sweet
Nam Wah bananas, also known as Chuoi Xiem or Kluai Nam Wa in Vietnam and Thai banana, are a natural hybrid variety of Musa acuminata. These bananas are most common in their native Thailand and in Vietnam.
Nam Wah bananas are high in magnesium, potassium, and folate. They are a good source of vitamin A and fiber and also contain vitamin B6, manganese, riboflavin, niacin, and iron as well as a small amount of protein. Bananas also contain beneficial prebiotics.
Nam Wah bananas are used raw but are most often cooked. They are usually picked when still green with only a hint of yellow. Green bananas are used as a vegetable and served with fish, in stews, and paired with meats. When just fully yellow, Nam Wah bananas are peeled, halved, and smashed then battered and fried. Fried bananas known as Chuoi Chien, are a popular street snack in Vietnam. The dense bananas are cut into chunks, boiled, and used to make puddings and creams, or mashed and added to baked goods. They are eaten raw as a snack or dessert when fully ripe and the flesh has softened. Store unripened Nam Wah bananas at room temperature until ripe. Refrigerate ripe bananas for up to a week. They can be frozen whole or peeled and will keep for up to six months.
Bananas are incredibly tasty and easy to eat, and they’re rich in many essential vitamins and minerals. Most people eat bananas when they’re yellow and ripe, but green and unripe bananas are also safe to eat. However, some people dislike their taste and texture. Technically this banana is usually fried particularly in its home country, Thailand, where fried banana is common street food. No worries though, the Thai Banana can be eaten raw perfectly safely
How to make bananas ripen fast?
The Paper Bag Method Simply place some amount of bananas you’d like ripened in a brown paper bag and roll the bag shut. Doing so traps the ethylene gas that is naturally emitted by bananas (and other fruits such as apples) that encourages ripening; by trapping the gas, you quicken the process.
Are Thai bananas healthy?
One hand: these fruits are relatively high in potassium provide some fiber. They also provide a creamy, sweet texture with very little fat.
another hand: Bananas are relatively low in vitamins and relatively high in calories. In Thailand, they’re often served battered and deep-fried or doused in a sugary sauce.
How do you know when a burro banana is ripe?
When ripe, the skin is yellow with black spots.
Bananas with brown or black spotted peels only indicate ripeness, while the fruit itself remains unchanged.
Thai bananas (Kluay Num Wah) resemble plantains, but the flavor is much sweeter. They should be eaten when the skin is yellow. and after ripen, you can taste the sticky，more inclusions, chewier, sweeter banana, which become my favorite, that starts my Thailand banana-eating stage, and my family members too.
The price of that Thailand banana is between $1.75-$1.99/Lb, and you also can buy a bulk case for about 35 Lbs at a lower price ($1.14/Lb), sometimes and seasons, will be as lower as $0.8/Lb when the “special” offer is set up.
as a wholesaler member, you may have a 4% cash rewards per your referee purchase for this item, plus the wholesale price is about 10%-40% lower than the retail price, except the occasion of the “special” offer is set up
Some Q&A about banana
- How long do bananas last? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions – after purchasing, keep bananas in a dry area.
- Properly stored, bananas will become fully ripe in about 2 to 5 days at normal room temperature.
- Should you refrigerate raw bananas? Yes: Store bananas at room temperature until they are fully ripe, then refrigerate to extend shelf life.
- How long do bananas last in the refrigerator? Fully ripe bananas will last for about 5 to 7 days in the fridge.
- Refrigeration will turn banana skins black, but will not harm the fruit.
- Can you freeze raw bananas? Yes- to freeze bananas: (1) Peel and mash; (2) Add one tablespoon of lemon juice or 1/2 teaspoon ascorbic acid for each cup of mashed banana to prevent browning; (3) Place in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- How long do bananas last in the freezer? Properly stored, they will maintain the best quality for 2 to 3 months but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only – bananas that have been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if bananas are bad or spoiled? Bananas that are spoiling will typically become very soft, start to ooze and the inside fruit will darken; discard any bananas if mold appears or if the bananas have an off smell or appearance. If it’s soft and pale brown or darker inside too, it’s overripe and no longer good for eating straight; however, it can be used in baking, banana bread, or smoothies. Once it’s black, the banana is garbage. One thing to add to the answers above – as bananas ripen, the starch in the flesh is converted into sugar.
Are Bananas Good for Dogs?
- Bananas are high in potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. In fact, sometimes veterinarians recommend this fruit as a healthy alternative to fatty, salty treats. However, like with any food item, you should only feed your dog bananas in moderation, especially since they contain a lot of sugar.